Saturday, January 2, 2016

The Idea!

It always starts with an idea. Something that tickles in the back of your head. It can be brought on by a smell, a word, the act of decorating a christmas tree. Yes, pretty much anything.

For me, the trigger was a castle. 



As I clicked through another Facebook promted "this will amaze you" site, this picture stopped me dead in my tracks. Curious, I did an image search to find out more about this place. 
I fell in love. It sounds corny, but that's the truth. 
Problem is, I can't write, or at least I haven't tried writing, about places. Having a house as the main character of a story might work in horror movies /books, but I'm a paranormal/romance writer. 

My heart sank, knowing I could never make this castle justice. That it would, at most, be the background of my story. So I forced the feeling into a dark corner of my heart, and went about my day.

But... I couldn't let it go. The idea of... something... was still ripping at the back of my head, wanting to come out and play. 
So I sat down, pushed my WIP (work in progress) aside and started my search for a protagonist to a non existent story. 

After an hour or so scanning images on Google, I found her. My heroine to be.

Now what? What was she going to do? What earth shattering experience would she have in that castle that was worthy of writing about?

As stated earlier, horror is not a genre I'm comfortable with. Neither is sci-fi or pure romance. I want action, adventure, and of course, the paranormal. 

Now, it was time to find a story. 

- Izzy

2 comments:

  1. Both she and the castle are beautiful! I love that description of your spark of inspiration and how it won't just let you be. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so wrapped up in writing on my novels I've completely forgotten to update this blog. Good thing you commented, and thank you. =)

      Delete