Saturday, June 25, 2016

Ghostwriter's hell

Here's the story. I hired a ghostwriter for a side project, and after we agreed on payment he got started. After I recieved the first scene he asked for my thoughts and said I still had $200 left for him to work with. All's good, so far..




I asked for revisions.

He didn't understand them (according to his wife), but instead of writing me himself, asking what I meant and how I wanted it done, he had his wife write me.

She explained that my ideas for MY story didn't make sense to her. That I somehow OWE them something for work they've taken it upon themselves to do. I DIDN'T ask them to do more than I paid for. She also accused me of trying to teach her husband how to write. Which, as you can see in my email, I didn't. 
Apparently asking a writer you hire to do revisions is a BAD thing.


I told them that Dan's writing didn't suite me, and ended the collaboration.



I then asked for a refund, since it was clearly stated that I had $200 unused still in their possession. And got this in reply.


Now. I told them I wanted my money back, and as she states. She won't answer because of my "shocking" emails. I fail to see how it can be a shock, that I don't want to pay for work I didn't ask for, or that I want to end a collaboration with someone who doesn't respect my opinion about MY story. If I hire a painter to paint my house white, and he paints it black. Should I be forced to pay him?
So this is my way of reaching them both, letting them know I've contacted authorities regarding this scam.

Be careful when hiring ghostwriters like Laura and Dan Sherman. They may seem nice at first, but I ended up paying for work I didn't ask for. 

-Izzy

1 comment:

  1. I'm kinda shocked by what went down. Really hope all works out for you!

    ReplyDelete